Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ayesha Sana

Amorous Ayesha

by
SUMEHA KHALID



This week MAG manages to get an exclusive peek into the world of the beautiful
Ayesha Sana, who lights up our screens every morning with her morning show on
the state owned channel. An actor first and then an anchor, these days we see
her mostly as a host on various TV channels. Despite the myriad morning show
hosts trying to impress all and sundry, it’s Ayesha who invariably steals the
limelight.

Her manner and grace with which she conducts her morning show is a pleasure to
watch. She has to her credit having interviewed legendary personalities such as
the late Gulgee, Imran Khan, Abida Hussain, Nayyar Ali Dadda and Asma Jehangir
to name just a few. Not only that, she also hosts events internationally and
locally for dignitaries, heads of state and royalty.

Here, MAG shares an intimate one-on-one with the phenomenon we know as Ayesha.


MAG: Where have you been for the last few years?
What’s been keeping you busy?


AS: Well my personal life did take up a lot of my time but I had been hosting
events and was busy with my morning show which previously aired from Karachi and
now is being televised from Lahore.


MAG: Why are you not acting on a full time
basis? Why do we see you hosting mostly?


AS: With an erratic career and personal life taking its toll I could never fully
concentrate on my work. Also, it is my belief, that hosting is my forte; but
should an interesting offer for acting present itself, I’ll gladly take on the
project.


MAG: Tell us something about your current
projects?


AS: My current project, something very close to my heart is Meena Bazar with
Ayesha Sana. And that is also what has been keeping me busy as of late.


MAG: What is the difference in the Ayesha of
today and the Ayesha we knew five years back?


AS: Today’s Ayesha is older and wiser and generally more focused in life.


MAG: You are considered to be one of the best
dressed women in the industry. How do you manage that?


AS: I think one evolves with the passage of time but the credit must go to all
those designers who have dressed me up, and of course one’s own sense of style
matters a lot.


MAG: What’s happening on the personal side?

AS: Absolutely nothing!


MAG: Please share with us some memorable
incident during your working life?


AS: There have been a lot of incidents, not one in particular. You know the
hazards of a daily live show!


MAG: You seem to be biased when it comes to
Zulfiqar and Tasmina Sheikh as we see you in their productions always. Why the
bias?


AS: There is no bias, it’s the comfort level and also they have the knack of
bringing out the best in me. I have only done two or three projects with them
though.


MAG: Who is Ayesha Sana when not in the
limelight?


AS: Ayesha Sana is the same; limelight or no limelight.


MAG: What is your greatest desire?

AS: I desire that my son gets the best in life.


MAG: If not in showbiz then what was it you’d be
doing today?


AS: I have no idea; I had never even planned to get into showbiz.


MAG: What’s your mode of relaxation?

AS: I don’t relax much… am on my toes most of the time.


MAG:What kind of music do you like?

AS: I’m not a music person, but it does not mean that I don’t listen to music at
all.


MAG: A few words on love now… Is there someone
special in your life these days?


AS: No way, there’s no one. I only believe in the love between a mother and
child.

2 comments:

  1. Allha Ho Akbar u all way's be the same in personal life and in the professional life also. Allha khair intha

    ReplyDelete
  2. love u aapi so much..sachi main.

    ReplyDelete